Author Archives: Terry Phong
Author Archives: Terry Phong
Make a budget for your business. Base it on different things, such as, advertising costs, free products or samples and printing costs. Stick to this budget and cut out things you don’t need if you have to. If you can afford to raise your budget you should, at least for advertising.
Most people who start a home business have dreams of huge success and wealth. This is great, but when running a home business it is a good idea to learn to celebrate and get excited about the small milestones, not just the big ones. Small milestones happen a lot more often than large ones. Being able to get excited over little achievements will keep you motivated and prevent you from giving up.
Before starting a home business, be sure to research your market fully. If your product is something that your target market doesn’t want or need, you won’t get many sales. Rather than spending all your energy trying to force the market to buy your product, spend that energy designing and promoting a product the market wants.
Don’t let your home business prevent you from networking. Running a business from home means you’ll have to double your networking efforts. Look for local events where you can show your business off. You’ll meet potential clients and possibly network with other businesses you could affiliate yourself with. It’s a win-win situation.
Create a backup plan for possible problems in your home business. If you are collecting customer data, be sure you have a data backup plan such as an external data storage site. If you are storing physical products for sale, make sure you have adequate insurance coverage in case of damage or theft. Consider the problems relevant to your business and plan accordingly.
Business operation information is readily available online. Do not believe everything you read. Review this piece to determine what is fact and fiction when it comes to home businesses.
You should always make sure that your efforts are up to date. If your home business website is new to the Internet, your efforts to build traffic should not rely on old tricks. For example, things like Ad-sense are falling out of vogue, since it is no longer as effective in building a customer base.
Register your home business with your local chamber of commerce. Sometimes it’s hard to advertise a home business inexpensively, but you can become well-known in your community by letting your chamber of commerce know where you are. People looking for your type of business can inquire and get helpful information, which will help you also. And it won’t cost you anything!
Run a contest on your business website. Spread the word about your contest through forums that your customers frequent, contest boards, ezines, guest blog entries and any other methods you can find. Make it fun, keep it simple and devise a prize that is worthwhile, but not over-the-top. Contests bring traffic.
Hopefully, now you feel more informed about what it takes to run your own home business. Your business operates just like a corporation, meaning the more you know, the more successful you’ll be.
( Genesis 39-40).
The brothers of Joseph thought that they have once and for all stopped Joseph’s dream by eradicating his presence before their eyes and silencing his mouth about his ambitious dreams of glorious position and power over them. But little did they know that the very evil that they had done to Joseph was the means that God will use in order to bring about the dream that He had given to Joseph ever since his youth.
This is the very mystery of divine intervention. The Lord in His majestic and all-knowing wisdom has the ability to transform and work all things together for the good of those who love Him and are called by Him. Nonetheless, even if the Lord can immediately bring to pass what He desires for Joseph to be, but He used the “process” of time to step by step fulfill in the life of Joseph the dreams that He himself has given. This is teaching us then that even though the Lord is a powerful God by whom all things are possible, but still, He’s motivating us by the fact of who He is to do our part– our responsibility.
In the life of Joseph, we can learn three principles about how he responded to God’s sovereignty, doing all his best to live up according to the divine dream that the Lord has given him. By living accordingly to these 3 principles, he was able to master the divine truth in the dream, making himself as a worthy vessel for God’s blessing to His people.
1. THE PRESENCE OF GOD. The key to Joseph’s success in everything that he does is no other than the presence of God. The Bible says, “And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man …” In other words, it’s not because of Joseph’s talents and innate ability that he was able to master his dreams, bringing them into reality. Rather, it’s because of the faithful and powerful presence of the Lord which always imparts blessings to all his plans and endeavors. Therefore, the vital question that we should ponder is this: How can a man and a woman summon the presence of God to their lives? Since it is an obvious fact here that true prosperity or success is given by the presence of God, how then can we take God’s presence with us? The answer is simple: It is by faith. Hebrews 11:22 says, “By faith Joseph …” Meaning, the reason why God’s presence was with Joseph was because Joseph trusted in the Lord. Joseph had a genuine relationship with God by faith. And this relationship that he had with the Lord gave him access to God even to His favor that brings blessings (Hebrews 11:6).
2. MAN OF CHARACTER. The evidence that Joseph is endowed by God’s presence is that he is a man of godly character. In other words, he proves his relationship with God by living out according to the will of God. Joseph’s life is a very important lesson for our lives today. You and I know that we are living in an ungodly culture wherein the principles of success and prosperity in life are more on pursued through crooked means. Godly character is not popular today. It is seen as a disadvantage, a weakness, and a loser’s attitude. But Joseph’s life proves to us that godliness is not a disadvantage. True! In the world the people will not recognize and applause you for standing on godly principles. Like Joseph, they will tempt you, persecute you, accuse you, and do you harm. But be strong, the fulfillment of your dreams, divine calling, and God-given purpose is not dependent on their approval and acclamation. It depends upon the presence of God. Thus, your responsibility and battle to fight is to stand fast and strong on God’s will, living it out with all your best, knowing that you have a God who never sleeps nor slumbers but always ready to fight for your cause.
3. GOD’S TIMING. In order for you to master your dreams– your God-given dreams, you need to understand that its materialization is not arranged by your schedule but by God’s timing. Therefore, for you to successfully achieve your dream, you need to be patient, waiting upon the Lord’s right time for its fulfillment. Like Joseph, he waited for years. Actually, considering the difficulty of his situation, he would have thought that all hope of freedom from slavery was long gone already. But God is not bound by difficult situation. He is not hindered nor affected by our human impossibilities and desperation. On the contrary, He is the God who can orchestrate all things, good or bad, best and worst for the good of those who trust Him. If you’ll read Genesis 40, you’ll see how the Lord had easily freed Joseph out of the prison and brought him before the very presence of the king with a great privilege prepared for him by the God of his dreams. And it’s just a matter of time that this slave young man in Egypt will become the renowned Prime Minister of that land, the Savior and Hero of that nation and Provider for his own people– Israel.
We’ve all heard that having business mentors can help you develop yourself and grow your company. But what is it exactly that these mentors can do for you? How can they help you move your company along?
Knowing exactly how you want your mentors to help you move forward can help you find the motivation to find these mentors, as well as give you the fire you need to ask your potential mentors for help in a compelling way.
Here are the five main benefits of having a business mentor.
== > Benefit # 1: How to Structure Your Company
Most entrepreneurs don’t spend a lot of time thinking about how to structure their company. Yet most mentors will insist on making sure you have your business structure correct from the get go. They’ve made structuring mistakes in the past and paid for it.
Do you have a solid options plan in place? Do you have iron clad operating agreements between all your partners? Are you operating with a legal entity that minimizes your personal risk and reduces the amount of taxes you need to pay? These are all structuring questions mentors can help with.
== > Benefit # 2: Avoid Mistakes Others Made
Mentors will be able to tell you about mistakes that others in your industry have made. They’ve been around the block longer and know the pitfalls well.
== > Benefit # 3: Learn to Hire the Right People
Building an A-Grade team is one of the most important factors to success in business. But how exactly do you do it? How do you lure employees from lucrative jobs to come work for you? How do you build a corporate culture? How do you inspire people?
Mentors can help you with this elusive aspect of your business.
== > Benefit # 4: Investments & Exits
Investments and exits are some of the trickiest negotiations in business. Without someone experienced to guide you through the process, there’s a very good chance you’ll make big mistakes.
How should you value your company? How important is it that you get some liquidation preferences? If investors want the right to hire an outside CEO, what should you say?
With acquisitions, how important are the terms versus the raw price? How do you value non-cash acquisitions, such as equity deals or performance based deals? What kind of earn out plan is fair?
Most first time entrepreneurs simply can’t answer these questions without outside help. Having great mentors will help you through these important processes.
== > Benefit # 5: Think Big
Mentors can help you think outside of your regular bubble. If you’re regularly only thinking at the $100,000 a year level, mentors can help you think at the $1 million a year or $10 million a year level.
If you’ve never tasted success, it’s hard to imagine or plan for massive success. Mentors on the other hand can help you see and plan that far ahead.
These are some of the many reasons to get mentors in your business.
The fact remains that Jesus is alive up till today, or how can we explain the fact that when we pray in His name the prayers are answered, it is only because He seats at the right hand of the throne of God, powers and principalities being subjected to Him.
God wants every individual to have a true relationship with Jesus if possible. This goes beyond just knowing Him, or just having a knowledge of Him, but living totally for Him, not because God wants to push us into a bondage, but because of who Jesus is, and the role He is ordained to play in the life of man.
Have you a relationship with Jesus or you are still questioning why you should even though you have heard that you need to? The following points are the reasons why you need to give your all to Him as a matter of urgency.
The name Jesus is a wonderful name that can bring to pass everything that God had ordained for an individual, nation, or the whole world. The name has brought lots of changes into the world since He came over two thousand years ago, and it is still working wonders today.
1. He created you: Jesus is your creator. The Bible says by Him all things were made, that includes you. He knows everything about your life; the past, present, and the future, as a matter of fact He chose what you have come to this world to do, He sent you here. If you actually want to make a success of your life, you have to have a good link with your source Jesus.
2. He loves you: Jesus loves you, such love that no man can give to you He gave unconditionally. It is this love that makes Him to leave His glory in heaven and come to earth to seek for sinners in order to save them, which includes you. The love made Him to subject himself to all kinds of suffering and humiliation, and even death in order to be a sacrifice for your sin. He did all of these before you were born so that when you eventually appear on earth, the way of escape out of sin and bondage would already be waiting for you.
3. He is the Savior: Jesus was ordained to save you from sin and eternal damnation in hell which you were heading for as a result of the fact that you have been born into sin, and you have been living a life of sin. The name Jesus is the only name God gave to man to bring salvation, you can not afford to separate yourself from that name.
4. He can not fail you: Jesus is a faithful friend if you make Him one. He is so faithful that even in death when others have left you to your fate He will still be with you to take you to Paradise. He told His disciples that He will prepare a place for them so that they can be with Him together forever, that is true for everyone who believes in Him.
5. He can help you: Whatever help you need in life, you can get it through Jesus. You must have realized by now that man is not reliable, and that no matter how much you try to get help form man you will always end in failure and disappointment at one point or the other. Jesus is the ultimate help, he can supply all your needs and give you anything that you want, read the Bible and you will see how He helped everyone that comes in contact with Him, He can do the same for you.
6. He is the final judge: Jesus will judge the whole world at the end because God had committed that to His hands, what do you think will happen to those who have rejected His offer of salvation, what will be the fate of those who despised the blood that was shed on Calvary? They will have their lot in the lake that burns with brimstone and fire.
Starting a relationship with Christ is simple; you confess your sin to Him, stop committing them, and put the whole of your trust in Him henceforth. He will send His Holy Spirit to live in you, and guide you so that you can start a new life altogether, remember that you can never be wiser than your God, neither can you fight against Him and win, when you ally with God, you will enjoy the best of His world.
A great tip that all network marketers would be wise to heed is to avoid working for two different companies at the same time. You should really focus to get one marketing campaign off the ground before you begin another so make sure you have one project up and running before you begin a second one.
Increase your network marketing success by taking the time to learn one new technique every day to improve your leadership skills. Skim a book of inspirational thoughts. Discover what well-known experts are saying. Enroll in a community college or adult-learning leadership course. Read the biographies of famous world leaders and business gurus. Incorporate their strategies into your business plan, and take charge of your accomplishments!
Expand your social network. You should constantly be meeting and connecting with new people. Join network-marketing forums and comment on network-marketing blogs. Include the link to your website anytime you are able to do so. Show your interest in what other network marketers are doing and they will share tips with you.
Find out as much as possible about your customers. Instead of promoting a certain aspect of your products, customize your approach for every person you talk to. Present your products from a certain angle that reflect what this particular customer needs or wants out of life. With time you will learn how to adapt.
When it comes to network marketing, it is important to consider how critical it can be to multi-task. This is important because with every minute that goes by, you are either putting yourself in a position to make more money or you are losing money. If you can find new ways to distribute your work or do multiple things at the same time, then you will find much success.
Having an opt-in network marketing list is a great idea to promote both your website full of great information as well as your network marketing connections. Don’t overdo the advertising, instead offer interesting content so that your subscribers will actually choose to read the newsletters and click the links through to read more.
Are you ready to make a great comeback with your business? Ready to put in the hours to receive the reward? It’s time for you to put your hours into network marketing to give your company the boost that it needs. This article will provide you with the pertinent information that you need to make your business thrive.
A great tip for successful network marketing is to join online forums and participate. These network marketing forums are great places to get tips on network marketing for free. Do an internet search and find a forum that you enjoy and spend a little time there each day picking up tips from others in the business.
Stop looking at an empty business floor, or your empty business transaction forms, and apply network marketing to your business to excel past your competition. This article has provided you with all of the information you need to get your foot in the door with network marketing, now make it happen!
You always try to be the best parent you can be but sometimes still feel like you fall short! Do not despair, every parent feels this way at some point! Use the tips below to learn how to become a better parent and have a stronger sense of communication and effective, fair discipline.
Although it is a widely debated topic, it is highly recommended that your child get all necessary vaccinations. Some of the diseases that your child can get if they do not get vaccinated could make them sick or worse, even kill them. This holds especially true for children who go to school, where diseases are spread more rapidly.
The most important thing to remember while disciplining your children is consistency. Parenting during the terrible-two’s can be challenging, for both little one and adult. At this stage children like to push the limits of what is and is not allowed. Make sure that you set clear boundaries and are consistent with your time-outs so children know what is expected of them.
Being around your children a lot can be very stressful. Make sure you take time out for you. Plan a dinner date with a good friend, go for a long walk to go to the movies by yourself. That little time away will be enough for your to recharge and be the best parent you can be.
As unfortunate an event it may be, divorces happen all of the time. In order for you, a divorced parent, to hold a good relationship with your college aged and older children you must never get them in the middle of your divorce. This will push them away for you and your ex-spouse.
Your child probably is not meaning to frustrate or disobey you. In fact, he or she may be breaking rules in order to draw your attention to a bigger issue. Use the tips above to recognize how you and your child communicate so you can improve it for both of you!
Internet videos provide a great advertising medium. Video marketing is simple to get started. All you need is a video camera and an Internet connection. It’s extremely easy to use this marketing method. If you’d like to get into video marketing, here are a few tips you need to know.
Video marketing is nothing to fear. It’s simple to get a video together cheaply. You could either show your audience how your product is manufactured or simply sit in front of a neutral background and demonstrate your products or talk to your audience.
Keep your business relevant to today’s audiences through video marketing. Request for your viewers to send questions they may have concerning your products or general industry questions. Then, attempt to answer these questions as best as you can. Send out some sample products to the chosen questions.
Most people will not want to watch videos that are more than 20 minutes long. If you’re showing off a product and how to use it, it can take you over 20 minutes, and that is no problem. If you are just talking directly with your clients, stay under 10 minutes.
If you are hosting the video on your website, have a subscription form for your mailing list right below the video. People may wish to find out more about what your video is about, so you can utilize this time to get them more information.
You should always keep making videos so your customers will come back and watch again and again. If your viewers are not entertained, chances are they won’t watch the entire video. Instead, you want to reach out and engage viewers. Ideally, they should be eagerly anticipating your next video. As content gets more interesting, more viewers will be attracted to it.
With this knowledge in hand, you should be ready to start your campaign. Remember to implement the advice given in this article in your own marketing strategy. The results will be astounding!
Facebook marketing can be as varied as your imagination, there is no set rule as to what works. Companies usually develop their social media marketing campaign in function of their target audience. To tap into this profitable resource, you need an education in this form of marketing, and this article provides it.
Your main goal is to gain more customers and sell more product, so that’s why you set up a Facebook page in the first place. You should set monthly goals to reach in sales. Although achieving many page likes is good, if you cannot get these likes to translate into sales, this does not matter. Look at your results and make tweaks to your strategy if you do not make what you expect.
See if you can post things to your Facebook page that allow people to sign up for offers from you. You can provide incentives for people to do so, which will make communication easier going forward. You can hold a contest or a spot for them to put their information in.
Do not assume that Facebook is your best option for social media marketing. Facebook is a great networking site, but there are plenty of others that reach out to different demographics. Before you spend time and effort on social media marketing, do your homework to find out which suits your target audience.
Don’t share updates that have no direct relation to your own content. You might feel tempted to share personal updates or share some current events, but remember that these may not interest all the subscribers. If you wish to share personal information, do so on your personal Facebook page.
Don’t turn off the option that lets others post whatever they want to your page. This will show that you are interested in what people have to say at all times.
Determine why you are creating a Facebook page in the first place. From a business standpoint, you should always be actively promoting yourself and your products on your page. Do you use it to talk to your customers? Is it a means for them to communicate with you? You need to focus on what your goal is, be it encouraging loyalty or bringing in new customers.
Having finished this article, you know more than many about Facebook marketing. Use these tips to reap the benefits of a Facebook marketing campaign. The quicker you begin, the quicker more money will come in.
If you want to monetize the blog or bring in more traffic, SEO is your best bet. Search engine optimization makes websites appear higher in the search engine results pages than they otherwise would. Keep reading for some very helpful information.
The options for increasing your search engine ranking are large in number. You will find you get the most productive results if you are maximizing search efficiency. Your reader will have a better experience if you make your site more usable.
Change from AP to SEO style, in order to improve the quality of your site’s search engine optimization. A part of this switch involves learning to populate your articles with keywords while maintaining a good flow. Search engines look for keywords and evaluate keyword density.
Patience is the name of the SEO game. Big boosts to your website’s traffic are not going to show up overnight, no matter what you do. Do not be surprised if it takes several months for noticeable changes to occur if you are starting with a fairly new site. Remember that it takes some time to get your name built up.
Use header tags within your webpages. They can be a bit too big sometimes, but use CSS and change their size. Search engines love headers and use them as a means to rank a website. Also, utilize H1 or H2 tags for important information about your goods or services.
If you can, purchase a domain name that’s catchy and people will have an easy time remembering. These tools are helpful since your website will be easy to find due to the ease of pronunciation.
PageRank increases are not just about gaining visitors, but in keeping them on your site. New evidence suggests that the length of time a visitor spends on a website influences the sites rankings. impacts its PageRank. Discussion areas are a wonderful way to hold onto your visitors.
Optimizing your website for searches is free, easy and important for bringing in customers. Simply apply all of the tips that you have learned in this article for improved website popularity. Apply what you’ve just learned to get ahead of your competition.
Reputation management is one of those business skills that truly can make or break careers. There are insufficient numbers of up and coming business people that know how to handle their outside image effectively. These tips will help you to maximize your reputation.
When a negative comment comes your way, it’s important to have a good offense. Always do what you can to ensure the reaction to your name and brand are positive and focus on the positive feedback. This can help you to drown out anything negative that might be said. Be sure to keep posting new positive content to keep it fresh, so that any negative feedback slips in the search engine listings.
Be positive and friendly over the Internet. It’s great to post tweets and update your social media status, but this is ineffective unless you are really trying to communicate with those that follow you. When someone takes the time to leave a message one one of your social media pages, it is important that your are quick to respond. If you are unsure, inform them that you are going to find the appropriate response, and then do so.
Be sure you’re keeping an eye on social media. Arnold Worldwide says that more than 50 percent of customers expect responses to the concerns they post on social media sites. Reply quickly. Because most enterprises do not respond so quickly, you are sure to stand apart.
Pay attention to your online presence. A negative comment concerning your company can appear at any time. Do not let negative comments reach the top when people are searching for your company. Work this a few times each and every month.
Run social media accounts professionally. Social media pages represent you, so don’t ever put a negative spin on them. Try not to escalate things to the next level though.
Always be fair with your employees. Many people don’t take this too seriously, which can lead to serious consequences. If you get a reputation for being a bad employer, a lot of people will not want to do business with your company.
Be where your customers are. If they go to a particular store or restaurant, go there a lot. You can become acquainted with customers and give them the best service possible when you interact with them. They’ll be comfortable with you as a result.
Customers are an integral part of any business. This results in more complaints, which you should make sure you address. And furthermore, you must be addressing them properly in a way that other people would agree upon.
Without knowledge of reputation management, it is hard to become successful. Not figuring out how to shape the perceptions of people can really make it hard on you to do well in business. This means that you need to come back to this advice frequently to stay out of trouble.