The fact remains that Jesus is alive up till today, or how can we explain the fact that when we pray in His name the prayers are answered, it is only because He seats at the right hand of the throne of God, powers and principalities being subjected to Him.
God wants every individual to have a true relationship with Jesus if possible. This goes beyond just knowing Him, or just having a knowledge of Him, but living totally for Him, not because God wants to push us into a bondage, but because of who Jesus is, and the role He is ordained to play in the life of man.
Have you a relationship with Jesus or you are still questioning why you should even though you have heard that you need to? The following points are the reasons why you need to give your all to Him as a matter of urgency.
The name Jesus is a wonderful name that can bring to pass everything that God had ordained for an individual, nation, or the whole world. The name has brought lots of changes into the world since He came over two thousand years ago, and it is still working wonders today.
1. He created you: Jesus is your creator. The Bible says by Him all things were made, that includes you. He knows everything about your life; the past, present, and the future, as a matter of fact He chose what you have come to this world to do, He sent you here. If you actually want to make a success of your life, you have to have a good link with your source Jesus.
2. He loves you: Jesus loves you, such love that no man can give to you He gave unconditionally. It is this love that makes Him to leave His glory in heaven and come to earth to seek for sinners in order to save them, which includes you. The love made Him to subject himself to all kinds of suffering and humiliation, and even death in order to be a sacrifice for your sin. He did all of these before you were born so that when you eventually appear on earth, the way of escape out of sin and bondage would already be waiting for you.
3. He is the Savior: Jesus was ordained to save you from sin and eternal damnation in hell which you were heading for as a result of the fact that you have been born into sin, and you have been living a life of sin. The name Jesus is the only name God gave to man to bring salvation, you can not afford to separate yourself from that name.
4. He can not fail you: Jesus is a faithful friend if you make Him one. He is so faithful that even in death when others have left you to your fate He will still be with you to take you to Paradise. He told His disciples that He will prepare a place for them so that they can be with Him together forever, that is true for everyone who believes in Him.
5. He can help you: Whatever help you need in life, you can get it through Jesus. You must have realized by now that man is not reliable, and that no matter how much you try to get help form man you will always end in failure and disappointment at one point or the other. Jesus is the ultimate help, he can supply all your needs and give you anything that you want, read the Bible and you will see how He helped everyone that comes in contact with Him, He can do the same for you.
6. He is the final judge: Jesus will judge the whole world at the end because God had committed that to His hands, what do you think will happen to those who have rejected His offer of salvation, what will be the fate of those who despised the blood that was shed on Calvary? They will have their lot in the lake that burns with brimstone and fire.
Starting a relationship with Christ is simple; you confess your sin to Him, stop committing them, and put the whole of your trust in Him henceforth. He will send His Holy Spirit to live in you, and guide you so that you can start a new life altogether, remember that you can never be wiser than your God, neither can you fight against Him and win, when you ally with God, you will enjoy the best of His world.